Carrefour is one of the largest hypermarket and supermarket chains in the world. Carrefour operates different hypermarket and supermarket stores to meet the growing needs of its diversified customer base. In line with the brand’s commitment to provide the widest range of quality products and value for money, Carrefour today offers an unrivalled choice of more than 100,000 food and non-food products as well as thousands of household goods. Carrefour was launched in United Arab Emirates in 1995. Today, Carrefour operates 31 hypermarkets, 73 supermarkets, and employee over 9200 people.
Job Title: Cashier
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirate
Job Type: Full Time
Cashier’s primary role is to assist customers in the in-store check-out process. Main duties include ringing up sales, bagging items, requesting price checks, honoring coupons, collecting payment and giving appropriate change. Responsible for counting the contents of cash register drawer at the end of each shift, maintaining receipts, records and withdrawals. May be responsible for checking materials and supplies and reporting when stock is low.
- Handle cash, credit or check transactions with customers
- Scan goods and collect payments
- Ensure pricing is correct
- Issue change, receipts, refunds, or tickets
- Redeem stamps and coupons
- Count money in cash drawers at the beginning and end of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change
- Make sales referrals, cross-sell products and introduce new ones
- Resolve customer complaints, guide them and provide relevant information
- Keep reports of transactions
- Process returns and check to see if items are damaged
- Bachelor of commerce holder
- Experience 1-2 years as cashier is preferable.
Disclaimer: Jobzfm is not recruiting agency, we just share jobs that are available around the world once you click on the apply/job title, it will direct you to the career page of the concerned job provider. Jobzfm is not involved directly or indirectly in any stage of recruitment.