Mattamy Homes is the largest privately owned homebuilder in North America, with a 40-year history of operations across the United States and Canada. In Canada, their communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area, as well as in Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton. Mattamy Homes, They offer a progressive environment where you can experience exciting possibilities in your career including continuous learning, opportunity for growth, competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package.
Job Title: Construction Labourer
Job Location: GTA, Ontario Canada
Job Type: Full Time
A construction laborer does physical labor on construction sites. They may prepare sites by cleaning them, loading or unloading materials and removing hazards. They have many duties on job sites that help work run smoother, including cleaning and preparing sites to ensure debris is properly removed, building scaffolding and other temporary structures, operating and maintaining equipment and digging trenches.
- Prepare house for next trade as required including cutting concrete, covering floors, scraping floors, straw placement and removal and stripping floors
- On a daily basis, collect and dispose of debris at construction site, placing it in appropriate designated places, while ensuring compliance with waste recycling programs
- Assist with having porches filled, garages and basements cleaned so cement can be poured.Make sure houses are graded and safe for the bricklayer trades to work, ensure footings and walls ready for inspectionEnsure availability of temporary heat for inside trades (tile setters, tapers, etc.)
- Locate waterboxes (dig up and repair) and ensure water turned on for each house, includes ensuring waterboxes are raised and marked for sod
- Review, assess and report any issues on safety to Health & Safety Rep. or direct supervisor, includes ensuring protective gear used/worn
- No formal education is required although any training related to construction skills would be an asset.
- Experience in residential building or related construction industry.
- Experience dealing with tools and machinery, includes machine skills – rough grading, digging hydro, gas trenching, water boxes, backhoe operation, etc.
- Good organizational skills with ability to get things done according to timelines.
Disclaimer: Jobzfm is not recruiting agency, we just share jobs that are available around the world once you click on the apply/job title, it will direct you to the career page of the concerned job provider. Jobzfm is not involved directly or indirectly in any stage of recruitment.