Extendicare Inc. is a Canadian company that offers housing, care and related services to seniors. The company operates over 100 care facilities and is based in Markham, Ontario. We are proud to offer our employees a respectful work environment, competitive compensation, advancement opportunities and the chance to be an integral part of a dynamic team.
JOB TITLE – Housekeeping Aide
JOB TYPE – Full Time
JOB CLOSING DATE – January 4, 2021
JOB LOCATION – Canada-Ontario-Scarborough
Reporting to the Support Services Manager, the Housekeeping Aide maintains high standards of cleanliness and sanitation throughout the home by cleaning and sanitizing rooms and furnishings in assigned work areas following established policies and procedures. Ensure residents’ safety by following established policies and procedures.
- Receives assignments from Manager
- Using specified cleaning/disinfecting/sanitizing agents, and following specific procedures, work patterns, and routines, performs tasks such as; Vacuuming, sweeping, dry/wet mopping, scrubbing, sanitizing/disinfecting floors, spot cleaning walls, windows and doors between washing, dusting, emptying waste baskets and rearranging furniture; removing waste, daily cleaning and disinfecting all resident areas; cleaning floors, fixtures, and furnishings in rooms, kitchen, closets; garbage collection, removing and recycling; may also include heavy cleaning duties such as deep cleaning. Performs outside work such as snow removal, sanding, and salting as required. Ensures privacy of residents during performance and daily duties.
- Adheres to established company policies and procedures regarding infection prevention and control, quality assurance, fire, and safety.
- Participates in staff meetings as assigned, Attends in service education programs and completes all mandatory education as assigned. Cooperates with other departments in such tasks as transferring residents, moving, ordering and storing supplies, ordering/maintenance/distribution of furniture and equipment.
- Considerable heavy lifting, reaching, squatting, kneeling, crouching and moving equipment, and climbing ladders. Exposure to biochemical agents and wet floors.
- Ability to work safely, following established safety practices and procedures.
- Ability to read and write English and follow simple written and verbal instructions in English.
- Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening to be provided.
HOW TO APPLY ONLINE
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to, [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Disclaimer: Jobzfm is not recruiting agency, we just share jobs that are available around the world once you click on the apply/job title, it will direct you to the career page of the concerned job provider. Jobzfm is not involved directly or indirectly in any stage of recruitment.